Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin[_9_] Martin[_9_] is offline

Default Help with a Loop please

Kamal,

Thanks for responding so quickly, but I obviously didn't explain accurately
enough. The results contained in e2:e48 need to be matched to values in the
first workbook. The results contained in e50:e97, may be the same results
numerically as e2:e48, but these need to be matched to a different set of
values in the second workbook.

Am I missing something or should there be more to the function?

Thanks
Martin

Kamal wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am not sure whether the solution exactly works for you. You can define

named range on the 384 results by

Range(Cells(10,1),Cells(384,1)).name = "MyRange"

rngCount = Range("MyRange").Rows.count
J = 1
' Loop through the entire range. and the Named Range will take care of the
address of the cell.

For I = 1 to rngCount
val = Range("MyRange).Cells(I,col). value

If FindValueExists(val) then ' check whether it exists in another sheet

Range("MyRange").Rows(I).copy

Destination:=Worksheets(index).Cells(J,6)
J = J + 1

End If

Next

Function FindValueExists(val as Integer) as boolean ' This method will

match
the given integer value against the 8 values in other workbook

regards
Kamal