Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Exner Chris Exner is offline

Default Excel functions?????????FIRST TIMER

Sounds like you're adding information that Excel is treating as strings ...
try converting it to a number (integer) first and then adding...

"tws206" wrote in message
I don't know exactly where I should be so here goes; I'm trying to make
a menu tracking sheet and at the end of every night I go thru the
checks and add every thing we prepared/sold for the day. I obviously
have all items in the sheet so I go to the corressponding box and type
"1" in the box.

MY problem is everytime I go back to the box and add "1" it makes it 11
then 111 and so on. I need it to make it 2 3 4 5 and so on. The way I
have it now is I have to highlight each box and change the number
automatically.
PLease help my boss is hounding me for about 6 weeks now.
Also how do I find any responses I may have?

~~ Message posted from
http://www.ExcelTip.com/