Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gminor7 gminor7 is offline

Default Moving Columns

I have a 7 column 2000 row spread sheet.

with these headings

Date
Group
Type
In
OUT
PLace
First

Its basically a map of when things are coming in and out of a specific
place. Things are sorted by Group and then by date. So the dates
repeat themselves as you get to another group. What I would like to do
is when I get to a new group I want to move it to the right of the
current columns with the same date.

so there would be a date column on the left. then to the right of it
group
..type...in..out...place...first...group...type... in...out..place..first
and so on and so on.

So it will lay out from left to right acording to group.

I know I should be doing this in a database but the boss likes excell
so here I am.

Any Ideas would be most apreceative.

Thanks