Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
papou[_7_] papou[_7_] is offline

Default "If column is empty" not working

Ed
Using CountA will not return 0 since formulas are in your range of cells.
Try
If Application.Sum(Range("AM2:AM12000")) = 0
This will return 0 if you have no values in your range
HTH
Regards
Pascal

"Ed" a écrit dans le message de
But the cell is supposed to have a formula. It is:
=IF(COUNTIF(TIRs!$AL$2:$AL$12000,Sheet1!C2)=0,Shee t1!C2,"")

I want to detect if the formula has returned "" in all cells, meaning they
are all blank. If so, then run the other macro. Else activate the
AutoFilter. It keeps activating the AutoFilter, meaning it doesn't see

the
cells as blank, even though there is no value in them and the AutoFilter

has
nothing for me to select.

Ed

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try
If [am2:am12000].HasFormula = False Then

"Ed" wrote in message
In a macro, I insert a formula into a column and copy down to the

bottom
of
the range. The formula is basically "IF there's an error, THEN insert

this,
ELSE "" ". I'm trying to detect if the column was empty - ie: the

formula
returns "" - but it's not working. I guess what I'm using is

detecting
formula in the cell, so it's not empty? Any suggestions are welcome.

Here's what I've got:

' If there are no TIRs without naratives
If Application.CountA(Range("AM2:AM12000")) = 0 Then

' Run this macro
InsertNarrLinks

Else
' Toggles on AutoFilter