Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default Leave hidden rows out of sum

Not and have it automatically update as you hide or unhided columns.
Format changes do not trigger any event that could be used to trigger a
recalculation. I wrote an IsVisible() function, that I can post later,
but without such an event, you will either have to manually recalculate
when you change what is hidden.

If what is hidden will not change, why not just reference the visible cells?

Jerry

Eva Shanley wrote:

Is there a way, either programmatically or with a User
Defined function, to leave hidden rows out of a sum? A
user here wants to hide rows in various instances without
having to redefine the sum range all the time, and does
not want them included in his total. Any help as always
is appreciated!