Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default Help....

John,

And be sure to delete it from where you had it originally.

Another option by the way would be to leave it where it is
and rename it to
Sub Auto_Open()
instead of
Private Sub WorkBook_Open()

The Auto_Open sub will only work in a regular module.
The other code you were using has to be in the Workbook
module.

John

John Petty wrote:

I wrote this bit of code to start up a workbook with the
autocomplete disabled and the caps turned on (I think),
but I can't seem to get it to work automatically when I
open the workbook. What am I doing wrong (besides waking
up this morning.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
With Application
.AutoCorrect.CorrectCapsLock = True
.EnableAutoComplete = Not .EnableAutoComplete
End With
End Sub

TIA

John Petty