Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Units John Units is offline

Default Retrieving Source Data From Pivot Table

Hi all,

Is there a way to get the source data from the pivot cache
for a pivot table? I want to incorporate a search
function with my pivot table so the user can enter a value
and get the related details on a new sheet. It should be
similar to double clicking a subtotal and getting the
details. I can't figure out how to get the data out of
the pivot cache. I can find the PivotItem index for the
PivotField I'm searching, but don't know how to get the
details for rows that match the PivotItem value.

TIA,

John