RoyalCandle

Yes, the cells were manually formatted with different colors and I am trying
to preserve the color of the rows during a sort. Other than autoformatting
my spreadsheet, is there anyway I can preserve the color of each row and do a
sort? Thank you so much!! This is very helpful!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Yes it does if you have manually formatted the rows'/cells' colors.

What has prompted this question?

Are you trying to preserve an alternately-colored set of rows while sorting?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:31:08 -0800, "RoyalCandle"
wrote:

I am working with an Excel database in which rows have been formatted in
different colors. My question may be stupid, but does the color format of
the cells "follow" when you do a sort?