Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Natasha[_2_] Natasha[_2_] is offline

Default Macros - How to tell if cells in a column are blank?

Hi there,

I have a problem that I can't solve and I was wondering if
anyone knows a way of doing this? It's very simple really
but for some reason my VBA manual doesn't deal with
anything like it.

I want to identify where column A contains a null value,
and in each case of a null I want to delete the entire row
that the null occurs in. (At the very least I need to
delete the cells in A through C).

I was also wondering if there is a quick way of
highlighting the area that contains data instead of
highlighing the whole worksheet or the whole column or
row? I would like to do this in both a Macro and in
general if possible as I'm often dealing with data in
1000's of rows so it would be good if I could do something
similar to Ctrl+A rather than tediously finding the bottom
and highlighting up.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers, Natasha.