Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephan Kassanke Stephan Kassanke is offline

Default Close and Exit Excel

Jeff wrote:
Application.quit closes the file but leaves excel running,
as well as the VB editor, although the editor may be
incidental, due to my use of the editor.

Hmm, I just tried it and Application.Quit closes all workbooks *and*
terminates Excel on my machine. The help documents gives the following
sample which should save all workbooks and close Excel afterwards. And
that's excactly what the fragment does (on my machine).

For Each w In Application.Workbooks
w.Save
Next w
Application.Quit
Sorry, I guess that doesn't really help you.

cheers,
Stephan