Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default variable vlookup

as a reference, this approach works fine:

workbook_Name = "Ufrm_modeless_test.xls"
worksheet_Name = "Sheet1"
range_Area = "A1:B20"
?
workbooks(workbook_name).Worksheets(worksheet_name ).Range(range_Area).Addres
$A$1:$B$20
?
workbooks(workbook_name).Worksheets(worksheet_name ).Range(range_Area).Addres
s(external:=True)
[Ufrm_modeless_test.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$B$20

If you put value on the end, this returns an array (if range_area is multi
cell). However, I believe if there is a problem with the assignment to a
variable, that would be type mismatch error.

Tom Ogilvy

"shaharul" wrote in message
putting ".Value" seems a good idea but i got a message for 'run-time
error '1004''. anybody care to explain to me what is that error and how
to solve it in simple english.
thank you very much.