Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
onedaywhen onedaywhen is offline

Default Curious use of ByVal keyword in VBA event

I have a WithEvents combo object in a class and I'm using its KeyPress
events. Here is the line VBA inserted into my code:

Private Sub m_oCombo_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)

The KeyAscii variable is actually being passed by reference, of
course, otherwise I wouldn't be able to suppress certain characters.
So why the ByVal keyword? It confused me for a while this morning. Is
it this something to do with ByVal being overloaded e.g. for use in
the Declare keyword?