Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson[_2_] Myrna Larson[_2_] is offline

Default HELP with spreadsheet matching

The easiest way would be on the sheet with the negative amounts, create another column that
contains the positive amount to the left, i.e. in B2, =-A2

Then search column B in the COUNTIF formula.

BTW, it's best to give the full description of your problem when you first post a message,
rather than a general description, then add some critical details only after somebody has worked
out a solution to what you first asked.

As far as a macro is concerned, how much do you know about VBA? Have you done any macros at all?
You can always turn on the macro recorder and carry out the steps manually, then modify the code
to eliminate hard-coded range references, etc.

One can't really tell you what the code would look like without explicit information about your
layout.

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:45:25 -0700, D'Anne Thomson wrote:

Hiya and thanks, but i was wondering this:

If sheet 1 is Debits and Sheet 2 is Credits and I want to match them and
if the debit and credit equal zero i want to move them to sheet 3.

How do I do this and make is automate (macro)