Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlighting or Selecting TextBox entry

Thanks Gus, glad to be of help.

Bob

"Gus Gazepis" wrote in message
Bob,
A thousand thanks! The code works perfectly. I really appreciate the

help.

Thanks again,
Gus Gazepis

Bob Phillips wrote in message
Gus,

Do you mean something like

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If TextBox1.Text < "Bob" Then
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
TextBox1.SelLength = Len(TextBox1.Text)
Cancel = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gus Gazepis" wrote in message
In attempting to trap bad data (for the application) being entered

into
text
boxes from a form, the exit event of the private sub works well to

identify
the problem and return focus to the text box. However, I am not able

take it a step further and actually highlight (or select) the errant

text
for correction. The SelText property doesn't seem to work, or I'm not
applying it correctly.

Thanks,
Gus