Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
macropod[_3_] macropod[_3_] is offline

Default Can blank cells created using empty Double-Quotes not be empty??

Hi John,

I think the change in size is simply a reflection of the
fact that putting double quotes in a cell changes them
from being empty to having something - usually taken to be
a nul value. Clearing the contents subsequently cleared
out those nul values, and 'nothing' takes less space than
a nul to store.

Cheers
PS: Remove NO.SPAM from the above before replying.