Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ikcizokm ikcizokm is offline

Default HELP! Button/Macro or Function has stopped working!

OK... so I'm helping a friend with an Excel problem and have hit a snag.
A store has a list of "registered" customers. The original spreadsheet
was programmed by an employee who no longer works there. There is a
button in the workbook labeled LOCATE. What's supposed to happen is if
you type a customer name (ex. JOHNSON*), press enter, and then click
the LOCATE button, the workbook should show all the items that customer
buys on a regular basis.

Here's the snag: the original workbook performs this function properly.
However, a newer version of the workbook WAS performing correctly until
recently, but now does not. The users at the store are not very
PC-literate and are unsure what they may have done to suddenly cause
this to stop working. After comparing the original to the new workbook,
I'm stumped, too.

I checked out the macros in the original workbook and compared the
LOCATE macro in the updated workbook and they're identical. My question
is: what else could cause this function to cease working?

Thanks in advance.