Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Excel 97 autocalc disables itself

Justin

it is my understanding that the autocalc option stays with the workbook. In
other words, if the first workbook you open in a session has autocalc
disabled that will be effective for the whole session.

So, if you saved a workbook with autocalc disabled but then, in the next
session it was opened after a workbook where it was enabled, then it would
also have autocalc enabled.

That would explain the random effect.

Anyway, I'm sure that was what I was told but if I'm wrong we'll soon get to
know ;-)

Regards

Trevor

"Justin" wrote in message
om...
Can't quite figure out a pattern yet, but every now and then the
automatic calculation option gets disabled in Excel 97. Is there any
way to ensure it never gets disabled?