Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Amod Amod is offline

Default FileSystemObject And Excel

hi
all
i got one strange problem when I create a file with
Filesystem Object and try to open it in Excel with the
following code.[I am using component of excel 2000]

dim xlapp as excel.application
set xlapp = createObject("Excel.application")
xlapp.workbooks.add "path of the file created by File
System Object"

then that file becomes visible,without writing
xlapp.visible = true. Actually this code is in ActiveX
control. I got this strange behaviour when I use this
control in IE. this control works fine If use it in VB in
other standerd exe project.

Instead of opening file created by FSO. If I open any file
already present on the harddisk, then it won't get visible
In IE also.(For Ex.:-- xlapp.workbooks.add "C:\1.htm" )

before opening the file in excel created by FSO I am
closing all the fso objects.
file1.close
set fso = nothing
then there is some code for progressbar control.after this
code I am opening the file in excel,so no issue of fso
object remain in cache.

file1 is an variable of object type. and later set it to a
file using fso.opentextfile method

I checked there is no other excel instance other than I
opened.

i tried the same thing with some small changes like
dim xlapp as object
set xlapp = createObject("Excel.Application")

instead of xlapp.workbooks.add, I used
xlapp.workbooks.open

but got the same problem
please help me out to solve this problem.

Regards
Amod