Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Rosenberg[_2_] Robert Rosenberg[_2_] is offline

Default Hidden? macros

Are the macros inside Module sheets or on sheets that emulate the worksheet
names (or in an object called ThisWorkbook)?

If the former, then right-Click the module and choose Remove 'ModuleName'
and say No to the Export prompt.

If the 2nd, select all of the text in the code pane and press delete. Do NOT
use the Drop-Down that has worksheet in it. Choosing "Worksheet" on that
dropdown causes Excel to create a special type of macro (probably called
Worksheet_SelectionChange).
________________________
Robert Rosenberg
R-COR Consulting Services
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Steve" wrote in message
I've been having problems with a spreadsheet that asks to
update links and enable/disable macro's when spreadsheet
is open. I didn't think there was any of either. I used
findlink.xla (good program) and found a dozen links from
old files that must have been used before way out in
extended ranges. I deleted them all and solved that
problem but can't find any way to tackle the macros. They
don't appear when you go to Macro's but I can see them in
the code in Visual Basic Editor - View code. I delete
them (under Worksheet)but it keeps jumping back to General
and when I go back to Worksheet, they are still there.

Obviously, I'm missing something. Can someone give me a
little guidance here?

Thanks, Steve