Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XP to 97 VBA error

This may not be it, but I think I'd build a new workbook with enough data to
test the macro. If the new workbook causes xl97 to crash, then this wouldn't be
the problem.

But if the new workbook doesn't cause xl97 to crash, then maybe (just maybe),
you've got a corrupted workbook (or worksheet).

xl2002 seems to be able to tolerate a little(?) corruption better than earlier
versions. If this turns out to be the case, maybe it's time to rebuild that one
worksheet to see if that helps.

Reed wrote:

I have a program that works fine in Excel XP, but when
someone tries to run it in 97 it shutsdown Excel. It uses
a user form, but the error doesn't occur until the code
reaches a line that inputs text into a cell. This is not
the first time in the program that text is entered into a
cell. The program continues on and runs the entire
program, but then shutsdown Excel. I don't really have a
clue why it continues to do this.

--

Dave Peterson