Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scott Lyon Scott Lyon is offline

Default Change mouse to "busy" pointer when I bring up a form

In the application that I'm working on (in VBA in Excel), there's one point
where, if the user clicks a certain button on the application, it brings up
a form that asks the user to fill in some information. When they click OK,
it processes that information (including copying a bunch of data), which
tends to take as long as 5-10 minutes.

I'd like, when they click the "OK" button that while it's processing, it
will change the pointer to a "busy" pointer. I've got code to do that, but
it does not appear to be working as planned.

Here's the code I'm using (in the code section of one of the Excel
worksheets):

strName = ""
Load frmName
frmName.Show

frmName.MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass ' Set mouse to busy
pointer

' do all of the processing needed, based on data in strName

frmName.MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault ' Set mouse back to
normal

In frmName, in the cmdOK_Click() sub, the code is simply:

strName = txtName.Value
Unload Me

What am I missing? Should I be using a different object than frmName for
setting the MousePointer stuff?

Thanks!
-Scott