Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Clarke[_2_] Brian Clarke[_2_] is offline

Default Macro for formatting

Many thanks to everyone for the fast advice.

Brian

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Brian,

If you are using the FitToPages properties, first set the Zoom setting to
False.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Brian Clarke" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 100 tabs, and I need to apply the same

formatting
to each one. I am trying to write a macro which will do this (one tab at

time). Most of the following works OK, but

.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 12

is ignored. I can't understand why.

Sub HeaderFooter()
'
' HeaderFooter Macro
' Macro recorded 23/07/2003 by bclarke
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+H
'
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$24:$26"
.PrintTitleColumns = ""
End With
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = "Operation Anuric"
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = "Page &P of &N"
.RightFooter = "&D"
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.PrintQuality = 600
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperA4
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.Order = xlDownThenOver
.BlackAndWhite = False
.Zoom = 100
.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 12
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

However, the lines work when I run THIS macro:

Sub test()
'
' test Macro
' Macro recorded 05/09/2003 by bclarke
'

'
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = ""
.PrintTitleColumns = ""
End With
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = ""
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.PrintQuality = 600