Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default macro for converting text file to excel

Possibly:

Thisworkbook.SaveAs Filename:="filename", FileFormat:=xlCSV

set the FileFormat to the appropriate supported type.
Help on FileFormat in the VBE has the supported constants.

Being successful would depend on how Excel interprets our file when it is
opened and how it manages it on saving.

If everything is placed in one column on opening, then doing a saveas with a
different format probably won't have much of an effect. You might need to
record opening the file using the text import wizard. I assume you want to
process many files - so this would be effective if they are all in the same
current format.

Tom Ogilvy

"Venod" wrote in message

Can I convert my text files to a specific format in excel without

adjusting
manually ( Using a Macro )

Regards,

Venod.R.G