Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PW[_2_] PW[_2_] is offline

Default Workbook, worksheet rename

Your kind assistance please.

I asked a similar question yesterday and received a number
returned messages. These messages did help considerably
but due to a lack of my knowledge of excel VBA I am still
struggling with this problem.

I have been given the task of renaming over 400 hundred
workbooks. To complicate matters, each workbook has a
single worksheet this also needs to be renamed. All have
to be given a unique name of various lengths.

I have been working on a system that would produce a list
of all workbooks (from a specified folder) in Column A.
Column C would show the respective worksheet (each
workbook only ever has one worksheet).

When the list has been produced, I would then like to
enter the new name in Column B for each workbook and in
Column C enter the new for each worksheet. Each would then
be updated accordingly.

Has anybody worked on such a system.
If you have and can help I would appreciate it.

Regards
PW