Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Janaway Steve Janaway is offline

Default Find/replace help

Hi all,

Newbie here, I've just started writing macros for Excel and I'm having
problems with one which I hope you can help me with.

I've got a list of numbered cases in my sheet like this:

DPB_001
DPB_002
DPB_003
DPB_100

I'm trying to write a macro which can renumber them, starting at any
point I choose and then basically incrementing each number by 1. So
say I started at DPB_002, I'd want that to become DPB_003 and every
other one until the end of the sheet to become 1 larger (in this
example ending in DPB_101).

My problem is that the sheet has grouping in it, so my idea is to
start at the active cell and then search for the next occurance of
DPB_* then add 1 to it then process the next one until the end of the
sheet.

My VB isn't good yet so if someone could give me a few tips on how to
write a macro like this then I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Steve