Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Paste columnwidths in Xl2k problem

'Set 2 variables in the activesheet:

Set header_rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:G1")
header_rng.Copy
Set col_widths = ActiveSheet.Columns("A:J")
col_widths.Copy

'Add a new workbook, which will be active
Workbooks.Add
'followed by code which creates new sheets,
'names the sheets, and deletes the sheets (1 and
'2) created when the book was added.
'The new workbook is still the active workbook
'so:

With ws.Columns("A:I")
col_widths.PasteSpecial Paste:=8
End With

With ws.Range("A1")
header_rng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, _
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, _
Transpose:=False
End With
Next

col_widths.PasteSpecial Paste:=8 gives error:
PasteSpecial method of Range class failed

and
header_rng.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll
tells me that the copy/paste areas are not the same
size.

Very basic questions, I'm afraid but any help and
explanation would be much appreciated, please.

Regards.

---