Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default HELP! Code for Pivot Table

Sub TestRefresh()
Dim pvt As PivotTable
For Each pvt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables
MsgBox pvt.Name
pvt.RefreshTable
Next

Tom Ogilvy

Sandy wrote in message
Hello!

Hope someone out there can help me. I need to update or
refresh a Pivot Table in code. Here's the scenario:

I am importing from an Access DB to Columns A through H in
Excel. That spreadsheet has a Pivot Table at K4 through
Q33.

I tried recording a macro to get the language, but it just
ignores it's own language when I put it
in "Worksheet_Activate" in Excel. I did notice, however,
that on two different occasions, it referred to the Pivot
Table as PivotTable2 and PivotTable4. I don't know where
it gets that name from. Is there any way of looking this
up? And why does it change? Why didn't it start with
PivotTable1, since it's the only Pivot Table in the
spreadsheet?

At any rate, I would rather, if possible, just put the
language in Access, but if I can't even get the correct
language for Excel . . .

Sandy