Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adam Thickett Adam Thickett is offline

Default External File Data Import

Hey Peeps,

I have a problem that i know can be easily solved if i
used MSAccess, but my manager won't spend any money.

I wish to import times from several time sheets into an
overall office timesheet. Each time sheet will have a
list of job numbers (e.g. X3456) with hours spent on each
listed next to it. I need to create a list of all the
different job numbers in the office timesheet with the
total number of hours spent on each by everyone in the
office.

I thought that a good way of doing it would be to get
everyone to save there timsheet in a certain folder.
Excel can then be told to import the info from certain
cells in each file in the folder. This will mean that as
more files are added excel will update??

I can program, but not very well in excel and this is past
me. Please can you help me :-)

If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask me, I
hope it makes sense?

Thanks in advance

Adam