Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup
diane[_3_] diane[_3_] is offline

Default EXCEL executed an invalid instruction in module VBE6.DLL

I've been using Windows 98SE with Office 2000 for two years without a
problem. Now, suddenly, when I try to open Excel, I get the message
"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down." Message details explain "EXCEL executed an invalid instruction
in module VBE6.DLL."

While searching the newsgroups, I discovered quite a number of
messages containing "VBE6.dll," but none that seemed to address my
problem.

The only recent change to my computer was to upgrade to Acrobat Reader
5.1 from an earlier 4.x version.

I've uninstalled and re-installed -- and attempted to repair the
installation of Excel. And now I've uninstalled Acrobat Reader. But
Excel still will not open. (Word works just fine.)

Can anyone help?
Thanks so much!
diane