Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need Help Please-Filtering

there is no magic built in support for this. You would have to write code
to do all this

I would put my data on a worksheet as a database and use the Autofilter to
do the filtering (as the user makes a selection, set the criteria in the
autofilter for that column) - then populate the next box by looping through
the visible cells and using additem.

Tom Ogilvy

Pantelis wrote in message
Hi all,

I am creating a bunch of combo boxes which I would like them to work in

the
same way as a filter in excel.

I have a sheet with a bunch of headings say "state", "restaurants" and

"food
offered".

Each state has a number of restaurants that can be common i.e. wimpy,
BigMac, King.

So I want to put a combobox that when I select a "State" it will filter

all
the restaurants in that state and only shows those restaurants in the

second
combobox and then when I choose the restaurant in the specific state it

will
show me the various foods available in that restaurant in the next combo
box.

Thank you for anybodies help in advance.......

Really stuck here!!!

Pantelis