Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anders Wåhlin Anders Wåhlin is offline

Default Cell value programming question

Thanks!

I'm not very good at Excel programming. How do I implement that code to my
cells and make them handle it automatic?

Regards

/Anders

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Anders,

Here is some worksheet event code to do it. I have allowed for just cell

A1,
but you can change that to whatever cell(s) you want.

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo ws_exit
If (Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing) Then
With Target
If (LCase(Right(.Value, 1) = "h")) Then
If IsNumeric(Left(.Value, Len(.Value) - 1)) Then
.Value = Left(.Value, Len(.Value) - 1) / 8
.NumberFormat = "0.0%"
Else
MsgBox "Value is not numeric)"
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anders Wåhlin" wrote in message
Hi!

In my Excel sheet I want to be able to enter two different values in a

cell.
The base value is percent (%) but if I enter the value in hours the

value
should be recalculated into percent (%). For example:

100% = 8 hours.

If I enter 20, the cell should leave the value as is.
If I enter 5h (note the 'h' character), the new value should be 62.5

since
5
hours is 62.5% of 8 hours.

Do you understand my question?