Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
speechie speechie is offline

Default OR function

I am not a computer programmer but am familiar with excel, word and
mail merging. I am having trouble with one section of the excel
spreadsheet that would allow me to enter a numeric code that would
then put a phrase to then be poured into the merged document. for
instance, in a cell under column "diagnosis", i want to enter a
1,2,3, etc. that would be linked to terms such as articulation,
language, processing, etc.

i have been able to do this with the IF function but only for two
IF C2=1, "articulation". If C2 equals anything else, it will enter
nothing on the mail merge document (which is fine).

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but it sure would save me a
lot of time if i could use this spreadsheet entry (and the "form"
format even better) for some of my reports.

thanks in advance