Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DL[_3_] DL[_3_] is offline

Default keeping track of stock moving from one location to another

many thanks for your help, I'll try this out and see what happens.

wrote in message
Tagger,

It sounds like you just need a little help with initially setting up your
spreadsheet. Here's an idea that might work in your situation (I'm sure
there are other ways to go about it):

Set up a spreadsheet with the following as columns:

Column A: Date
Column B: # of new posters added to 2nd floor
Column C: # of posters rolled and moved to the 1st floor
Column D: # of posters on 2nd floor at the end of the day
Column E: # of posters mailed (from 1st floor)
Column F: # of rolled posters on the 1st floor at the end of the day

I will explain in arbitrary terms...

Headers will go into rows 1-7, so actual numbers can start in row 9, and

up.

Let's say that cell A9 = 8/27/2003 is your starting date, then for A10,
enter "=A9+1" (without the quotation marks).
If you don't want to include Sundays, then add 2 instead of 1 for the days
that are Sundays, and copy blocks of 7 cells at a time. I've attached an
example that might help.

For column D9, put in the number of posters on the 2nd floor as of the end
of the day (A9).
Then for D10, input the formula "=D9+B10-C10" (w/o "'s)

For column F9, put in the number of rolled posters on the shop floor as of
the end of the day (A9).
Then for F10, input the formula "=F9+C10-E10" (w/o "'s)

Copy the D and F formulas down. Inputs will go into columns B, C, and E.

You should be fine with this model, unless it is too simple. I don't know
if you need to know the sizes of each poster and how much storage space is
available, for example, but please post back if so.

Hope this helps!

Roland

"DL" wrote in message
In this case I don't know where to start.

A shop has 42 different posters, in various quantities, lying flat in a
storeroom on level 2.

Each day someone rolls some of these posters and puts them in mailing

tubes.

The rolled posters in the tubes are then taken downstairs to the shop.

So that I don't run out of posters I need to keep track of how many are
lying flat on level 2, how many I rolled today and how many are on the

shop
floor.

I'm really stuck so any help at all will be most appreciated indeed.

Thanks,

Tagger.