Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
onedaywhen onedaywhen is offline

Default OpenSchema on workbook reveals strange table

I am querying a workbook using the ADO OpenSchema method and I'm
getting a strange result.

When I open a recordset using the adSchemaTables the TABLE_NAME field
contains the worksheet names as usual i.e. with the $ suffix except
one which has a $_ suffix. So, as well as a Details$ table I also have
a Details$_ table.

When I try to use adSchemaColumns on this Details$_ table I get the
error 'Object or provider is not capable of completing the requested
operation'.

All other worksheet tables and their columns are exposed to OpenSchema
as normal.

Can anyone shed any light on this?