Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy V Sandy V is offline

Default Help with very strange cell behavior

Terry,

I've experienced something sort of similar to what you
describe. Namely putting the active cell into a totally
uneditable and unchangeable mode, only noticeable when
hitting Enter failed to make any changes. Usually this
could be cleared by selecting another sheet but on
occasions only by close/reopening the wb.

In my case this was triggered in a BeforeSave proc,
setting cancel to true, then activating another sheet (no
problem if selecting a cell on the original active sheet).
Apart from the beforesave I was not trapping any other
events.

In my setup this occurred every time, in others apparently
not.

The only workaround I could figure was to move
the "activate another sheet & select cell" code to a sub
in a normal module and call this from the event proc.

If you can relate this to your issue, try a similar
workaround.

Regards,
Sandy