Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Tangard Mark Tangard is offline

Default Invalid call to #$#%^# - Solved

I rebuilt the whole form from scratch and got simlar errors,
albeit a somewhat wider assortment this time, one of them
'Object required.' It only took 10 or 15 step-throughs for
it to dawn on me that yes, you moron, you tried to assign a
value to a string variable using a Set statement!

I'm sure there's a adage somewhere about tiny things toppling
big things but I'm way too tired to remember it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Mark Tangard , Microsoft Word MVP
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters

Mark Tangard wrote:

Hi Robin,

Both good ideas, but both already tried. I stepped through the
Initialize routine early on with no problems. In fact, I stepped
through the *whole thing* -- no mean feat with the loops & all --
and nary a whispered complaint.

I did the module export/import manually. (I have the code cleaner
for Word, wasn't sure if there's one for Excel, but I've noticed
manual export/import in Word actually seems to clean *better* than
the cleaner. I'll check Rob's now that I know where to find it.
Thanks.

--
Mark Tangard , Microsoft Word MVP
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters

Robin Hammond wrote:

Mark,

If it is failing on the frm.show command there may be something in your
form_initialise code that it doesn't like even though the debugger appears
to stop on the show line. Try stepping the code from the .show line as a
first suggestion.

Second suggestion - sometimes VBA spits the dummy when adding just one more
element to a form. There don't appear to be any obvious preconditions for
this, but a lot of deleted elements on the form may be causing it. Get Rob
Bovey's code cleaner (from www.appspro.com I think) and run that on your
code. It will export all your forms and modules as text files, then reimport
them, removing any legacy items.

--
Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Mark Tangard" wrote in message
Yes, I always have that. And it compiles without a peep. ;-(

--
Mark Tangard , Microsoft Word MVP
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters

Ed Ferrero wrote:

Hi Mark,

Do you have Option Explicit at start of all modules?
Try compiling after you insert that statement.

--
Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net