Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kiat kiat is offline

Default Find a Value and not a Formula

ok, I don't know what kind of value your users are entering in the other
workbook, is it string or numeric?

string:
First turn display zero off: ActiveWindow.DisplayZeros = False
then this will work: If Len(Activecell.Text)=0 then 'do your error msg

numeric:
is entering 0 allowed? If not, this will work: If Val(Activecell.Value) then
'do your error msg
if entering 0 is allowed, then I haven't a solution to detect if the cell is
empty at the users' end except to go there and look at it directly.

"Lenny Amore" wrote in message
The problem is that the cell is linked to another spreadsheet so the is
text in there already. I need it to ignore the formula and tell me say
the value is = to 24 or there is nothing there except the formula which
I need to have ignored.

Thanks,
Lenny