Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Linking cells in two separate sheets

Tom,

try: =INDIRECT("main!"&CELL("address"))

keepITcool

"Tom Atkisson" wrote:

I have two sheets in a workbook. I have a Main and a Workspace sheet.
I want to link cell from Workspace to certain cells in Main so that
the information is the same on both sheets if Main is updated with new
info. I have tried the formula

=Main!B3 (also tried =Main!$B$3)

in the appropriate cell in Workspace (B3). The problem with this is
that when Main has insertion or deletion of a line the formula changes
to point to the cell that had the value that it was initially pointing
to. What I would like is for B3 in Workspace to always point to B3 in
Main even if lines are deleted or inserted. Any help would be
appriciated. Thanks in advance