Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gareth[_3_] Gareth[_3_] is offline

Default Insert rows

Trevor

I cannot seem to get your code to work at all, just to recap:

I want a macro to insert all numbers in ascending order in column A, given
that certain numbers may be missing. Against these added numbes I would
like a 0 entered into column B.

There may be 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ..... numbers missing.

Gareth

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Gareth

one way:

Sub InsertRows()
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim InsertCount As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
InsertCount = 1
Do Until InsertCount = 0
InsertCount = 0
LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
For i = LastRow To 3 Step -1
If Range("A" & i).Value < Range("A" & i - 1).Value + 1 Then
Range("A" & i).EntireRow.Insert
Range("A" & i) = Range("A" & i).Offset(1, 0).Value - 1
Range("A" & i).Offset(0, 1) = 0
InsertCount = 1
End If
Next 'i
Loop
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Regards

Trevor

"Gareth" wrote in message
I have 2 columns of data, A2:A? contains week numbers in ascending order

and
B2:B? contains orders received in that week.

I now have to put this date into a chart. This is no problem but there

are
some week numbers missing, want I want is a little macro to add in the
missing numbers and enter a 0 in colun B . For example:

Column A Column B
Week No. Orders
1 23
2 29