Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack Labonte Jack Labonte is offline

Default Call a macro or sub based on the name of a cell?

Works great. Thanks Tom.

Jack

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
the name is useful only in "documenting" the case statement - so do it the
easy way:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)

Select Case target.Address

Case Range("Board1").address
' do something

Case Range("House2").Address
' do something else

End Select

Tom Ogilvy

Jack Labonte wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have about 20 named cells and I want to to execute a sub based on
the name of the cell. For example, a user double-clicks on a cell and
they get prompted for an input box based on the needs for the
calculation for the cell. I know I can trap the address but that's too
hard to keep track of. So far I've tried trapping with
target.name.name like so:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)

on error resume next

Select Case target.name.name

Case is = Worksheets("Drawings").Range("Board1")

'Do something...

End Select

End Sub

Is there any way to do something based on the cell name rather than
the cell address?

Thanks,

JL