Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Run method for subroutines

Take the routine out of the ThisWorkbookModule and put it in a general
module.

Then it should work.

You should only put event code in the ThisWorkbook and sheet modules as a
general rule.

Tom Ogilvy

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a master workbook(1) that opens a second
workbook(2) and I would like to call a subroutine in
workbook(2) from workbook(1). The subroutine will perform
calculations in workbook(2).

I have found a way to do this by manually setting a
reference to workbook(2) in workbook(1), but I'd like to
do it without adding a reference.

When I use the line:

Application.Run("CC.xla!Calculateconfig",var1,var2 )

I get an error saying it expects an “=”.

The subroutine I’m trying to call is in a workbook
called “CC.xla”, the “ThisWorkbook” module, and is
named “Calculateconfig”.

Any suggestions?