Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan[_21_] Dan[_21_] is offline

Default variable cell into range

Saw this mentioned a couple weeks ago, but never saw an answer... now
I ran into it.
The spreadsheet is approximately 30 columns by 6000 rows, sorted by
column C which is date. I need to find the last row with an entry
(date) in column C, then sum everything in columns M,N from the top
(M5,N5) down to that last row. How can I do SUM(M5:cell in last used
row) and place that sum in A2, I know some VB code but don't know how
to put a variable in a formula. Is it possible to have code in cell A2
that automatically refigures after new entries are put in and sorted?
I am trying to show the remaining balance in those columns after all
payments to date are deducted.