Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Philip Wybo Philip Wybo is offline

Default Excel Remains Active in Windows Task Manager

Hello,

I am running Excel2000 on Windows2000 machines. I develop
programs in AVR (Asna Visual RPG = VB-like for RPG
programmers) to get data from our AS400 databases and
print it out through an Excel spreadsheet.
This is the general routine I use to open and close a
workbook and select the sheet:
xlApp.Visible = *true
xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add()
xlSheet = xlBook.Sheets[1]
..
..
..
xlSheet.Printout
xlBook.Close(*false) (close, do not save)
xlApp.Quit()

When I then look in the TaskManager I notice that Excel
remains active and when I open a new instance from the
same or another application it is opened as a new process
(this means after opening x applications there will be x
processes in the Task Manager.

How can I make sure that Excel will be ended in the
TaskManager Processes so that there will be no problems to
reopen it (from the same application or from another one?)

Thanks