Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Beck Pat Beck is offline

Default Code in ThisWorkbook crashes Excel

Excel 2002
WindowsXP

I have a macro in a module that works great when ran directly. But when I
run it from ThisWorkbook on a BeforeSave event it crashes Excel constantly.
Basically, the macro saves to an FTP site as well as the hard drive when the
user saves. I can have the user hit a macro button to run my
saveFTP/saveHardDrive macro directly and everything is great, but I'd like
to launch this action upon a normal save as well. But, like I said, calling
it up in BeforeSave crashes Excel.

I've had other projects become unstable when I called a macro from within
ThisWorkbook. So, I must be doing something consistently wrong. I shy away
from adding any code at all to ThisWorkbook because of my experiences. Maybe
I'm doing something wrong that can easily be corrected?

Does anyone have ideas or do I need to furnish the exact code?

Thanks,
Pat Beck