Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
paul.nielson[_2_] paul.nielson[_2_] is offline

Default Execute a macro when the contents of A1 changes

Thank you for that comprehensive response to my enquiry. I copied your
line of code
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
And the whole macro worked a treat. I couldn’t find anything in the
documentation I have to explain what you put together and I now
understand how the Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
statement works.

Just to explain a little more about the project. It’s an attendance
register with 31 date columns with personnel names in the first column,
these are printed off several months in advance. The date is entered
in cell A1 (Hence the test for A1 value change) and the macro hides the
end columns for the months that are less than 31. Conditional
formatting within the worksheet colours the weekends and a lookup
statement finds public holidays for a second condition. Once again
thanks for the help.

Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/

-- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/