Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
derek derek is offline

Default Subtracting times.

Excel 2000
Hi need some help on a time function please.
Column A is formatted as time, h:mm, as users dont want to
get involved with dates.
Column B is formatted as number, one decimal place.

A1 contains a start time,which could be anytime. User
inputs a time of an event in A2, again in A3 etc. etc.
over a period of 24 to 72 hours. I would like in B2, B3
etc.etc. the time period from the start time to the
event. In column B i'm using the formula 24*(A2-$A$1)
which works fine upto the first midnight when I then have
to change the formula to 24*(A2-$A$1+1), then the next
midnight I have to change it to +2, then +3.
Can someone help me out with a correct function that
doesn't need manual manipulation! please.

TIA, derek