Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_3_] Otto Moehrbach[_3_] is offline

Default Finding spaces cells

Good point Ken. I don't have any formulas in this data but that's a good
point to be aware of for the future. Otto
"Ken Wright" wrote in message
Make sure you trap for any formulas in the cells though (assuming there

can be any), else they
will be converted to values, eg:-

Sub ClearSpaces()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If cell.HasFormula = False Then
cell.Value = Trim(cell.Value)
End If
Next cell

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"John Flynn" wrote in message

I suggest you Loop through all the cells in the used range
and use the following:

activecell.value = Trim(activecell.value)

this will get rid of all leading and trailing spaces
(which may not be desireable). but if leading and trailing
spaces are not a concern this will work.