Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
: VB : : VB : is offline

Default Scanning for Duplicate Data in a Column, Merging Data and Finally Removing All Duplicates...?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply...

I am wondering if what your suggesting is the best route to take since i am
stuck at the moment - i think its worth a try but it does pose another
problem...

How would i ensure data-integrity when exporting columns of data from Excel
into Access in 2 different tables...?

Have you got any tips in this scenario...?

Many thanks,

Alex

"keepitcool" wrote in message
I'd say.. split your database in 2 tables:

1 custID, custName etc
2 custID, noteDate, NoteDesc etc

retrieve the cust then lookup their notes.

i realize that any redesign is a chore..
but with 20.000 records I assume /presume :)
it's outgrown the original idea..

keepITcool

": VB :" wrote:

I have realised that within the spreadsheet of 20,000 records, there
are repeat rows - basically, the spreadsheet lists customer
information and also, notes. Rows of customers can be identical
except for the notes field which is always different.