Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Summing a variable sized range programmatically

If I have data in A8:D8, I can put this formula in E8:

=SUM($A8:OFFSET(E8,0,-1))

I still used row 8 in this example:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myCell As Range

With ActiveSheet
Set myCell = .Cells(8, "IV").End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1)
End With

myCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(RC1:OFFSET(RC,0,-1))"

End Sub

Norma wrote:

Help!! I need to insert a sum formua in first blank cell
to the right of a variable sized range of cells. I need
the sum formula inserted so that the amount in that cell
will automatically recalculate when a different number is
entered. I can select the range including the blank cell
to the right, but I can't get a sum formula to work.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Norma

--

Dave Peterson