Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rocky McKinley Rocky McKinley is offline

Default SIMPLE MACRO!!!

Hi Hugh,

I think you want something like this...

Range("J" & ActiveCell.Row).Offset(1, 0).Select

Regards, Rocky McKinley

"Hugh Millen" wrote in message
I would like to write a macro that moves the cursor down
one row, and then over to column J. I assume I am mixing a
relative reference with an absolute referance so that
moving one row down is relative, and moving over to column
J is absolute.

I tried writing a macro where I entered the "home" key
(which took me to the beginning of the row), then one
arrow key down (which obviously took me one row down), and
then the right arrow key nine times (which landed me in
column J where I wanted to be). I tried the macro in
relative and absolute mode, but the mixing of the elements
didn't work. Does anyone know how to edit the macro to do
what I want? For my use, I need to get to the cell as
quickly as possible, that's why I'm writing this macro.
Thank you very much,
Hugh Millen